Office is open 7 Days a week from 07:30am – 22:30 (CAT).
- 2 Day Pilanesberg Safaris
- All Tours
- Family friendly
- Pilanesberg Safaris and Tours
Only have 1 night to go on safari, then this is the safari for you!
Pilanesberg National Park, South Africa’s fourth largest game park, is situated in a crater in the Bojanala Region of the North West Province. This crater is the product of a volcano that erupted many millions of years ago. This extinct volcano has evolved to become one of the most fascinating landscapes for you to visit. By the Genesis project the majority of South Africa’s wildlife is now found in the Pilanesberg game reserve.
The park covers an area of 55 000 hectares. More than 7000 animals live here in a free and unhindered environment. Pilanesberg is home to all of the BIG 5 (elephant, rhino, leopard, buffalo and lion) and we guarantee that you will be able to tick off most on your list of game sightings! Other animals that you may encounter are zebra, giraffe, cheetah, hyena, hippo, crocodile, jackal, wild cat, various antelope as well as over 300 bird species…the list is endless.
Pilanesberg offers over 200 km of roads for guided or self-drive game viewing. On our tour you enjoy an extensive game drive conducted by an experienced and knowledgeable tour guide who will answer all your questions about the fascinating wildlife and environment. Bring your camera to have a permanent record of all the wild animals and the spectacular landscape this National Park has to offer.
About Sun City
In the afternoon of day 2 we disembark at the Palace of the Lost City. It is part of the Sun City complex. The Palace of the Lost City is known as one of the most extraordinary hotels in the world. The building has a unique interior boasting impressive sculptures and handmade furniture. We won’t tell you right now, you just have to see for yourself!
2-Day Tour itinerary
- Departure to Pilanesberg, pickup in Johannesburg
- Enter the park for morning game drive in closed, air-conditioned vehicle
- Noon Lunch followed by check in at the lodge
- Own leisure time
- Afternoon open 4×4 vehicle safari drive
- Morning open 4×4 vehicle safari drive
- Return to lodge for nutritious breakfast
- Afternoon visit to Sun City
- Departure to Johannesburg
- Drop off
Minimum of 2 nights stay is required by all the lodges over a weekend (Friday to Sunday)
You will enjoy an authentic bush accommodation. Stated below are the 4 superior lodges our travelers are excited about – and we love to work with:
A place of extraordinary beauty and tranquility. Tucked away in the rich expanses of the malaria-free Pilanesberg National Park. Bakubung, which stands for “People of the Hippo”, offers guests everything they need to get in touch with the bush. Some of the facilities that the Lodge offers: restaurant & bar, DSTV bouquet, internet connectivity in all rooms, swimming pool, floodlit tennis court, curio shop and African Spa.
Grasp the essence of Africa at Kwa Maritane Bush Lodge, where nature and human hand mix in perfect harmony. Situated at the foot of an ancient volcano, Kwa Maritane offers guests all the luxuries a traveler may expect from a prime resort in a Malaria-free environment. A selection of facilities available at Kwa Maritane: restaurant & bar, DSTV bouquet, two boma areas, wireless internet connectivity (unlimited), rock climbing wall and two swimming pools.
Located on the west side of the Park, Black Rhino Game Lodge is a hidden treasure set in an Tamboti forest at the foot of an ancient volcanic crater that today comprises one of South Africa’s most exciting Big 5 eco-tourism destinations. The Lodge overlooks a waterhole, which is an ideal spot for bird and animal activity, and a playground for the elephant. Not uncommon is the roaring of lions at night.
This lodge is uniquely positioned in a part of the Pilanesberg National Park wilderness area that has previously not been accessible to any visitors. The lodge was designed to incorporate game views to ensure that even when you are not on game drives, you stand the chance to see any of the animals from the lodge. The cozy boma is the perfect spot to enjoy magnificent stargazing. Some of the extra features of the lodge include a library, TV Lounge, bar, pool deck, Jacuzzi, viewing deck and a romantic fireplace. Besides breakfast and dinner, lunch is also included!
- All times stated in itinerary are approximately
- Tips in our ‘Help’-section on www.moafrikatours.com about precautions for a comfortable safari
- All accommodation is subject to availability
- Tariffs stated are based on the best rate available at the cheapest accommodation. Always advise us with your preferred accommodation for an accurate quotation
- We offer special rates for groups of 3 travelers and more
- We are more than happy to extend your stay with 1- or more days. Please advise us with your wishes for an accurate quotation
|DEPARTURE TIME||05:30 – 06:30|
|Traveller Type||Per Person Sharing, Single Traveller|
- Extensive guided game drives Pilanesberg National Park
- Luxurious 4-star accommodation
- Good chance to spot the BIG 5
- Excellent leisure time at Sun City
Quick response and turnaround times.
Live availability during our office hours.
We are passionate about what we sell.
Competitive industry related rates.
Professional and experienced consultants.
Owner Run Company.
24 hour operations contact.
Payment on collection for our day tours.
Door-to-door collection services.